Before you arrive
Should you wish to walk from Bath Spa train or bus station, this is a pleasant 10-15 minute level walk through the city. By taxi, it takes 5 minutes and costs approximately £7.
Please find walking directions at the end of this document, which we are also happy to email or post to you.
Bristol airport is about 45-50 minute drive.
There is a regular bus service linking Bristol Airport to Bath bus station. The bus departs every half hour. The journey takes approximately 75 minutes and costs £20 return or £14 single. Tickets can be purchased online or on the bus. Please find more information about this service by visiting their website: www.airdecker.com.
Taxis to and from the Airport cost about £40-£45. It is recommended to arrange it prior to your arrival.
Car parking and arrival
There is a loading bay with a single yellow line in front of The Kennard, where our guests can temporarily park to drop off their luggage and receive a parking permit, which allows you to park on the street, and instructions on where to park. Our permits can be used anywhere in Zone 1, an area which includes most of the streets around us. Please see a map on Zone 1 at the end of this document. The Kennard cannot offer spaces in a private car park.
There are two small steps into the guesthouse. We have one snug and one superior double room on the ground floor.
The rooms are located over 5 different floors (ground, first, second, third, and lower ground floor).
Please note that the Breakfast room is on the garden level, one floor down from reception.
We do not have a lift at The Kennard, but we are happy to help you with your luggage.
The Kennard operates a No Pet policy. Guide dogs are accepted.
Children over 8 years old are welcome, however, please be aware that the property is Grade I listed and as such it is not possible to make the building totally child friendly and safe for children.
In the event of a fire, an alarm will sound in every room. If you require assistance evacuating, please notify us on arrival.
If you require further assistance or have any queries, please contact us on 01225 310472.
Directions from Bath Spa Railway Station (and adjacent Bus Station)
From the Bus Station, turn right when leaving the glass building to arrive at Bath Spa Railway Station 100m up the road.
- Walk straight ahead (with the clock of the train station behind you) onto Manvers Street.
- Continue all the way up the road (it becomes Pierrepont Street).
- Cross over at the traffic lights at the end (near Goodbye Books/the Green Rocket Cafe).
- Carry on but veer to the right so that the river is below the balustrade on your right.
- At the traffic lights near the Victoria Art Gallery, turn right (into Argyle Street) and walk over Pulteney Bridge (though it doesn’t look like a bridge as there are shops on either side).
- Cross over so that you are walking on the left-hand side of the bridge.
- Keep going & veer to the left after the red post box (you are now in Laura Place).
- Turn next left onto Henrietta Street.
- The Kennard is about 100 m further on, on the left.